Originally Posted By: sn00p
I have to say I am loving this phone, it really highlights for me how far apple have fallen behind the game with iOS.

Apple need to put a lot of work into iOS, that's for sure. No one is more vocal about that than me as far as I'm concerned. But at the same time, I can't say I've seen that Android is ahead - or rather that it has a large amount of what's missing from iOS - IMO, it needs a lot of the same work, and in fact needs a lot of core work yet, if even only to bring some consistency, performance and refinement to the platform.

What kind of things specifically are you thinking about with respect to that comment?

I'm really hoping that Scott Forstall's departure is going to bring some positive change to iOS. But I'm also worried it could be a "be careful what you wish for" situation.

Quote:
A few more quality apps in the store and apple may well start to feel the heat from Google.

I don't think that a few more quality apps is going to make a difference over night. IMO Apple aren't likely to feel any heat for a very long time. They still have a great market share for a manufacturer. Google has a great OS market share, and that's significant for developers, but it doesn't help to bring much money in for Googleand will probably continue to be a big money loser for a while. It's done wonders for Samsung though. There must be people at Google wishing they were in Samsung's position wrt to phone sales.