Like Andy said, Outlook on Android is an app they acquired (Acompli, I think?), but it's gotten good reviews. There are plenty of other mail clients, but I don't have experience with them as I've always been a GMail user.

Welcome to Android! It can be occasionally frustrating, but I like the platform. I'm trying to think of things I'd recommend, but given how personal these devices are, your use cases might be completely different than mine. I'm pretty deep in the Google ecosystem, so my most-used apps are usually Google apps - Calendar, Photos, Music, Maps, Drive, Hangouts, and Keep are all used daily on my phone. Here are the other apps I use:

Pocket Casts - for podcasts, and Doggcatcher is another good one

Feedly - for RSS feeds

LastPass - fantastic password manager that can fill out login info in webpages AND apps

Dropbox - I use it almost exclusively to back up my photos to my NAS, and Google Photos automatically backs them up to Google

Timely - a great alarm clock and timer app that can sync alarms across Android devices, but it was bought by Google a while back and hasn't been updated

ES File Explorer - IMO, it's the best file manager for Android

Wifi Analyzer - I use this all the time on the job to test signal strength from wireless APs and see where coverage needs to improve

Email Note to Self - all this does is bring up a new email with my own email address in the from and to fields, and the cursor in the subject line or body so I can quickly send myself an email reminder, which feeds into my inbox zero lifestyle laugh

The first few of those apps are available cross-platform, but the last 3 or 4 are only on Android, as far as I'm aware, and some tie into capabilities that Android makes possible. WiFi Analyzer, for example, might seem like a minor app, but it's one of the things I use on a very regular basis that I can't find a comparable app for on iOS. Additionally, I believe that apps like Lastpass have more capability on Android than they do on other platforms.