Originally Posted By: Dignan

Ok, now that I'm clear on how you're configured, I can assure you that the problem your encountering has nothing to do with Android and entirely to do with the setup you've created. It'll work, but as you've seen you won't have push email with your current setup, the same as when you were on iOS.

Yes, I know that. That is exactly the reason why I added account B and B as separate email accounts on my Android phone. So that I would have actually 3 accounts, each capable of delivering push mail.

It's in that setup that the "mark as read" feature doesn't work anymore. On ANY of the 3 accounts. So as said before, my problem doesn't have anything to do with my "alternative" setup of account A. Because when I only use account A, it works fine. The problem pops up when I also add accounts B and C.

I still think that's a bug, because when I would remove the import feature of account A, it would still basically be the same setup (A, B and C) and the problem would still be there. (I can't imagine it would not be anyway).

The reason is simple: when account A fetches email from B and C and uses POP to do it, there's absolutely no way to change the read status of an email on those secondary accounts. When you added those accounts to your phone, you were no longer checking the same email, but rather two copies of the same email on different accounts.

I know. But importing those emails does not "mark them as read". Actually reading them should, that's the whole problem. (because it does NOT mark them, in my webinterface or Thunderbird (only on the Android phone itself) after being read.
Besides, the problem also occurs on the inbox of my main account (account A), which isn't imported anywhere. There's absolutely no reason why reading a mail from that account on the phone should only mark it as read on the phone itself, but not in the webinterface.

It's not impossible, you just have to know the trick, and to not mind a couple extra clicks every morning when you open your browser. Here's how:

1- open account A in your browser.
2- click on your profile photo in the top-right corner of GMail.
3a- if you don't see your other accounts listed here, click "Add Account" and log into each of them.
3b- if you DO see your other accounts in here, Ctrl+click on them to open each one in a new tab (or right-click and choose to open in a new tab)

I just tried it and it works just fine for me.

WOW! That is so cool! THANKS A LOT FOR THIS ONE! smile smile
This instantly solves my problem! THANKS! smile