Matt,

I've moved from iPhone to Android too, now two weeks ago. I bought an One Plus X. I quite like the phone, even though it's only a mid-range phone. But it's all I need really. I've set it up a bit like my iPhone (hey, I'm getting older and find I'm sticking to my habits wink ), even got a lock screen that resembles the iPhone, with notifications on it. Standard Android didn't have that and I found I missed it. "Echo lockscreen" is a perfect app that fixes that though. But that's not what I wanted to ask.

I've got one niggle with the standard Gmail app. I use it read my 3 Gmail addresses. This works perfectly. There's just one thing: I read my emails from my desktop using Thunderbird or simply by using the Webmail application. I also use my iPad. And before also my iPhone, now my Android phone. Now, before, when I read an email on either of these devices, the email got marked as read on all other devices too (as it should). Somehow, this doesn't work for my Android phone. When I read an email on the phone, it gets marked as read on the phone, but it's still "marked as unread" in Thunderbird, the webmail app and the iPad. This is not a huge problem, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Does this sound familiar to you, and would you happen to know about a fix for this? To me, this sounds like a simple setting, but I cannot figure out which one. A Google search comes up with some results, but no concrete solutions and most thread about this item seems to be more than 5 years old.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I figure the question is on topic too. wink

Thanks!