I have ripped all my DVD's to disk. This was a very boring job which took me quite some time. I left the movies in .ISO format, but did rip out everything unwanted (fbi warnings, several audio languages and subtitles,...) Basically, I only kept the original English 5.1 audio and both Dutch and English subtitles. Even though this meant I ended up with rather large files (don't really care about that, HD space is cheap nowadays), this worked pretty good. And then I found out that Plex doesn't support .ISO file playing. Grrr...

So this means I'll have to re-encode everything to something else. I think the best option would be MP4 because that would also play on my iPad, but the way I read it, MP4 only allows for one audio/subtitle. So I guess I'll go with .MKV.

I've already re-encoded a few movies with Handbrake, but then noticed that the subtitles now are mis-aligned. On the ISO format, they are on the bottom of the screen, where they should be. Now in MP4 or MKV, they are located a bit below the centre of the screen. That's too high. Is there a way to tell Handbrake to put the subtitles a bit lower? I can't seem to find such a setting.

Thx!