Do you have any notes on the comparison between the original pressing and the remaster? What are the differences in the sound quality?

It's been a while since I replaced my original CD with the remastered one (following an unfortunate attempt at CD scratch repair) and about all I can remember is that the new one is cleaner, brighter, crisper. More dynamic range.

That wonderful drum/synth explosion that opens the album...

Ohhhhh, Yes! That is exactly why I use *that* track anytime I want to surprise/impress somebody with my stereo. They get in the car, look around, see absolutely no visible sign that there is a stereo installed other than a cheap Panasonic CD player, and then the explosion hits and they start twisting around and looking to see where all that noise is coming from and still can't see anything... The most common reaction is "Holy S**t!" I'm such a hypocrite -- I pretend to be an audiophile when I really get my enjoyment out of showing off my stereo. ;-(

As a general rule, I don't care much for Rock 'n Roll music -- Mozart is the god I worship. But I have to admit that my Rush CD actually has more hours of playing time on it than any other three CD's that I own put together. I use it to tune my system for competition, and once I get it in the CD player, I tend to leave it there for days at a time. (In my defense.... I am rarely in my car for more than 40 minutes at one sitting...)

So, how can I be an elitist, classical music snob when I *really* like that Rush CD? I guess I'm just a bit schizophrenic at heart....

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"