First off, a little background: I'm big into whitewater kayaking. I own a Perception 3D playboat (red/purple fade) and can be found nearly every weekend on some section of the Chatooga River. (Or Nantahala, Ocoee, etc)

I've lived in Easley, SC (the home of Perception kayaks) for the past 12 years, moving 20 minutes away to go to school at Clemson University 5 years ago.

Not two weeks after receiving my empeg and putting my listing on the empeg registry (at http://www.empeg.mars.org I believe, don't have the URL with me), I received e-mail from a guy at Perception asking if he could drive up to Clemson and take a look at the empeg. I ended up asking him if it would be cool for ME to drive down to the Perception plant (where he works) and I'll give him a first-hand demo of the empeg, and in return he hook me up with a tour of the plant and maybe some free stuff.

So in the end, I ended up with a bunch of Perceptiong gear (t-shirt, stickers, frisbee, yo-yo, nylon bag, etc) and a tour of the place, and he got to sate his thirst for seeing an empeg in action first hand.

It was a mutually beneficial relationship.

(O|||||O)