You need to change your syrup. No, this is the same as the last one, it's still not Coke. Well, if you knew it wasn't, you should have told me.

You're the guy who makes it hard for the rest of us who don't care. People like you are the reason we get asked "is Pepsi OK?"

Most of us just want a cola-flavored soft drink and it doesn't matter which brand. I hate ordering a Coke and being asked "is Pepsi OK?", when in fact I prefer Pepsi but I know "coke" has evolved into the generic term for cola beverage so that's what I say.

And YES, I have tried just ordering a "COLA" and they still say "Is Pepsi OK?" AAARGH!

Here's my problem with it:

Restaurants carry only one or the other, not both. Sometimes neither, they have a generic or a third-party cola brand. Depends on who the parent company made their deal with. So, even if I did care which brand I got, I wouldn't be able to choose, no matter how carefully I specified the brand or how many times I sent the drink back.

So we should all just accept that "coke" has evolved into a generic term, and stop correcting the brand when people order. Those FEW people who really do care about the brand should simply ASK THE WAITRESS which brand the restaurant serves before ordering if they're really that picky. And not get snooty when the restaurant serves the only brand they CAN serve.

I mean, if I go into a restaurant and order a hamburger, I shouldn't get upset if there's onions on it unless I SPECIFIED CLEARLY that I didn't want onions. Same with soft drinks. If I didn't specify clearly "no Pepsi", then I shouldn't get upset if I get Pepsi.