Specifying Coke carries an implicit "not Pepsi"

My point is that it doesn't.

...You're the guy who makes it hard for the rest of us who don't care. People like you are the reason we get asked "is Pepsi OK?"

I disagree completely, Tony. I mean, listen to yourself. "People like you"? Don't blame other people for what they order. I said in my post that I couldn't believe that people who want a Pepsi don't order a freakin' Pepsi.

I insist that to me and all the people I know, Coke is not the generic term you consider it is. You live on the opposite side of the US, so maybe it is in your area, but I say Coke when I want a Coke. I say Sprite when I want a Sprite, and I say "do you have Dr Pepper?" when I'm not sure if they carry it.

By the way, I was under the impression that wait-staff was required to ask "Is Pepsi okay?" because either Coke or Pepsi was mad that people would ask for the other product and mitake it for their own.

So basically what I'm saying is, ask for a freakin' Pepsi.

ps-about what I said about Dr Pepper. My point was that in my area, Dr Pepper is distributed almost entirely by Pepsi. That's why I grouped it in with Pepsi products.