You have my sympathy, as well, but when I see things like this,

I never heard one negative word about LASIK before having it done. It was presented as though as innocuous as a haircut, so I approached it in that regard. I did not research it because I trusted Dr. Husband's knowledge and recommendation, and at the time, I felt that obtaining medical information off the Internet was dangerous.

I have to admit that sympathy is difficult to come by. You did zero research because you trusted the knowledge of someone who's never done, and is not qualified to perform the surgery? I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound too bright to me. Do you know the difference between an optometrist and an opthamologist? Did you look at the qualifications of the doctor that was doing the surgery? I can understand the feeling that getting medical info off the 'net isn't the best thing to do, but when you only have one pair of eyes, I'd think that you'd want to be as informed as possible. As far as I'm concerned, mis-information can be just as useful as correct information, because it gives you something to ask the opthamologist about -- "this is what I've read, is that correct?" At every step of the pre-surgery office visit, and every step of the day-of office visit, I had them explain to me what they were doing, and more importantly, why, and what the results meant. I did, however, opt not to see a video of the procedure.

It also sounds to me like you had many problems that would make you a poorer candidate than your doctor said you were.

Honest doctors would/should have told you about those, too. If a person who is not a good candidate for a surgery has the surgery and has problems as a result, is that the fault of the surgery? If the doctor is inexperienced and bungles the surgery, is that the fault of the surgery?

You got bad doctors who most certainly ought to be slapped with malpractice suits and be driven from the business, but you didn't educate yourself enough to realize that.