Always avoiding the wrong thing would not be free will.

I don't follow. It's still a choice to do the right thing, so therefore freewill.

In addition, Calvinists would claim that you're out-and-out wrong, and I don't think anyone could make a reasonable argument that they're not Christian.

This is about to get seriously deep into theology if we continue, and I'm not sure how profitable our conversation would be concerning Calvinism and election; those ideas are generally debated among believers.

However, I will state a few things. First of all, believing my previous statements about the fall of man, freewill etc. is not necessary to be a Christian. In fact I’ll admit some of it at least is probably my own thinking rather than emphatic Christian theology. Secondly, not all Calvinists disbelieve freewill. They will state that man can choose God, but given his alliance with sin would never do so. It should be noted, however, that this is the situation after the person has fallen (or chosen sin over God). So in this view, there is the freewill to fall, but not to return. Some Calvinists do say, however, that Adam didn’t have freewill to fall in the first place. I respectfully disagree, though I certainly believe that they are Christians.