"For the daily builds, reading the mailing list archive on the site and/or well, that's about it for documentation between versions."

Arg... I was really afraid of that. I was digging through the news group stuff today in the hopes I would find some reference. All I could find was a lot of talk about features, but no real meat.

It really makes me appreciate this community. I have a bit of a gadget weakness. A lot of the ones I get suckered into buying have little to no support beyond the basics. I tip my merlot to the guys at empeg, and our faq master and friends for all your help.

That's why I personally am in such a conundrum over this Karma thing. I know it will be a fine piece of hardware/software, with a high potential for great community support. But my question remains, will it suit me better than my Archos at 60-80GB? The suspense is killing me... I have several friends who look to me for advice on these things. One bought an Archos when I did. Besides the fact that it is a homely thing, he agrees with me on its usefulness. One bought a Zen and got really annoyed with the software. Then he got an iPod. After all the trouble he's had with that, I think he's realizing that it has it's own weird quirks.

bah... I guess I will have to wait and see... Perhaps another glass of wine while I wait...