If that was the pricing scheme, it wouldn't be too bad, but then again it wouldn't make it the definite choice for me.

There's plenty of options out there, and unless the Rio Karma proves to be awesome in features (which I suspect that it will be), I might reconsider getting something that has been out a bit longer with possible dropping prices.

Then again I've never owned a Rio product (ahh don't ban me!), so I don't know firsthand the quality and capabilities of their products.

Just on another note, I don't think Creative Labs will put much competition out in the HDD player category soon at least. Creative in Asia now have the Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen NX, which is just a slight improvement over the original Zen. It's smaller and lighter, but not by that much (it can't compare to a new iPod). There aren't any noticeable major features added to it, except that it looks more sleek than the original (besides still being somewhat bulky). It comes in 20 and 30 GB capacities. Click here for more information! We do not know if it will be available in America, however, and my guess is that they won't design a different one for America (if they do release a newer design). It doesn't seem very special at all.