Of people at work with new players (3 or 4 that I know of), no one has bought a 10GB. Only 15 and 30. I suspect they're all selling well.

My take on the other units mentioned here:

RCA - the thing is HUGE. It's RCA. The one bad review on Amazon likely tells the whole story. Negatory on this product. It also doesn't mention anything about video on any of the amazon specs.

Philips - pictures? No mention of video for this "multi-media" device. Too expensive for such low storage 15GB is next to useless for "multimedia" when music-only products like the iPod are selling with 30GB.

Archos - oh boy. Unless they pull a rabbit out of you know where.... Serious quality concerns with older products.

So what happened to all the other PVP devices? Including the one announced by SonicBlue? Did that stay with Rio after the buy?

The Karma must be substantially cheaper than the iPod to compete well. But not too low priced that it seems "cheap" Apple will not drop the price on their iPods when such a device comes out. They can *always* command a higher price than anyone else and will continue to do so because that price is part of their image. They must maintain a certain value associated with their products. There's still plenty of market for a music-only solution especially in these form factors.

I do want to see a palm-sized multi-media device with an attractive price and decent storage size, even if it's something dumb enough to play only video and music files as opposed to a device with full computer capabilities in a hand-held form-factor. But such a device has to allow for easy upgrades if it hopes to succeed. If it doesn't play DivX and a number of variants then it won't be nearly as attractive. It would be a great way to carry around programming recorded with PVRs such as the All-in-Wonder, etc.. Or of course ripped DVDs (your own of course).

Bruno