I just had a nasty little 3.0 Alpha related scare I thought I'd share with everyone. (The player is fine now)

First off, I should say that I installed 3.0 Alpha earlier today, and it's been running fine. No trouble really at all, except for the "database rebuilds every time" issue, but a synch fixed that up.

So I decided to throw Hijack on there...

I downloaded 341, and used Tony's logo editor. Pretty standard.

Unfortunately, instead of getting the usual smiley face, I got a rather unfriendly error message:

"Error status in readbyte 16"

I thought "Hmmm.. That's weird..." and rebooted the player to see if that made a difference.

To my shock, the player would not boot. Not in the house, or in the car. All it would do on power up was flash the LED, as if it was in standby mode. And no amount of clicking or prodding seemed to have any effect.

I was stuck in permanent standby mode. Not a happy thought.

I even tried to connect via Emplode with the serial cable, so I could reload either the 2.0 or 3.0 Alpha software, but it couldn't even detect the player.

I thought for sure I was hosed.

Well anywayz, to make a long story short, after much messing around, and numerous "Error status in readbyte 16" messages, Tony's logo editor decided to work it's magic, and Hijack suddenly installed successfully. And since then, the player has been fine.

Aaaahhh... All is well in narnia once again.