Hmm, maybe I'm the minority, but so far I'm having relatively few problems with the alpha.

Of course, my database and song collection is a tad smaller than some I've seen posted here, I'm running about 3500 songs (mostly MP3's with about a thousand OGG's).

Only real problem I've noticed is a very slight sluggishness on the button presses, and a weird interaction with hijack. With Hijack installed and restore visuals set to on, it boots up and drops me into the menu instead of restoring the visuals (like it's getting a short down button press instead of a long hold). I'm going to tweak with the button delay settings a bit and see if this fixes it, but that's really the only real problem I've had. Zero crashes, zero skipping, no playback problems.

I'm going to be taking an 1800 or so mile trip in a few weeks (I'm moving from the bay area to just outside Kansas City to go back to school for a journalism degree, callling it quits as an engineer) and I'll get some serious time cycling through it then, will see if I have any major issues after that major stress test but so far it's relatively stable for me.

Empeg alpha code is stabler than microsoft release code at least

-- Gary F.
Eeyore, Original Owner -- Mk II 80 Gb, Blue S/N #090000803 Tigger, 2nd Owner -- Mk IIa, 80 Gb, Blue S/N #40103789