This thread has been discussing things like what bitrates the 3.0 software will play and such.

Please note the following:

1. The 3.0 codebase has been heavily tweaked since that carplayer release. Most of the things you're reporting were also hapening to the Karma, and they fixed them before Karma shipped. So this is mostly going to magically get fixed when Cambridge can get around to another 3.0 carplayer build from the latest code tree.

2. Before you assume that a given bit rate is the problem, PLEASE CHECK THE FILES to make sure they don't have bad frames and such. Use the tools linked from the FAQ for this. The Karma was having a bug where it would stop playing on a corrupted MP3 frame sometimes. This bug was fixed on Karma before it shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason for many of the problems reported in this thread, especially since the files in question were downloads.

3. It's known that there will be problems in that version of the codebase with nonstandard sample-rates (not bitrates, SAMPLE rates, i.e., something other than 44.1khz stereo 16 bit). I believe these are already fixed in the 3.0 source tree because we reported it on Karma.

4. It's known that there will be problems with low bit rate files (like lower than 96). Again, reported and I believe fixed on Karma.