I finally got it all working. I used the v2beta version of Emplode. I found I can only drag about 5-10 (max) albums in at a time, otherwise it will go for about 5-10 albums worth of songs and barf. Keep it to smallish chunks and re-synch often and it seems fine.

BTW, Now that I have my music back on, I LOVE V3a... It is simply amazing. The cross fade alone is soooooooo, soooo worth it. I have only a few comments:

- I was thinking, gee, it would be nice if cross fade was smart enough to not happen if Im "flipping" by songs quickly. Like say I dont like the next song, and hit next. Then I realized that it already does that if you hit next quickly enough. Kudos guys.

- For the beta, or maybe an undocumented feature now, is it possible to mark tracks "no cross fade" or something? When I play pink floyd albums, and stuff like that, I dont want cross fade on. It would be best to be able to mark these tracks ahead of time.

- I have had no lockups. None. Of course, most (90%+) of my mp3's are ripped by me, so maybe I just havent hit a bad one yet.

- I've gotta say, this "Alpha" is more stable than a LOT of "Release code" I've seen in MANY products. We're a peoplesoft shop here at S.U., and this alpha code would be considered very mature by many standards...

Was just thinking again the other day, as I installed my new 60Gig of drives, how much having this "Thing" has totally and irreversably changed the way I listen to music. I still think, what, 4, 5 years after it was first concieved that this is the BEST product for car (and home for that matter) audio I have ever seen or used. Only now is the marketplace even coming close to getting it... Empeg/Riocar was simply about 3-5 years ahead of it's time...

Sorry for gushing, Im sure you all feel the same way. I'd jsut like to take time to personally thank the entire Empeg/riocar team for keeping us going with the best product and best support one could ever hope for.