You can get to "remove completely" a couple different ways -- what UI method are you referring to? I think I'm misunderstanding you request, though -- if you don't want remove completely to delete tunes in multiple places, wouldn't you just not say "remove completely" (and just do a regular remove)?

here's my dilema. say i have a lot of mixed cds with various artists a lot of the same tracks appear in these albums. to save room, i start using only one copy of the song on the empeg, and referring to it in the corresponding playlists. (on my windows box, i actually have all the songs in one big singles directory, and individual folders containing .lnk or .pls files.) so say "nsync-bye bye bye" (note, i dont have this, nop wisecracks pls) appears on 5 of the mixed albums. so with my current scheme and deduping enabled, the track should have a ref count of 5 on the empeg. one day, i want to delete one of the 5 albums that contain the track. i hit delete on the playlist, and it when it confirms, i check the "remove completely" tab, and hit yes to all. what happens is that the other 4 remaining albums will be nsync-less. what i want to happen is that jemplode checks if the refs is 0 before removing completely, to not break up my scheme. its similar to hard links in linux. it only really deletes after the last reference is gone.

the only autosyncing that RMML does is in the sense that when you start making changes, it will automatically begin to sync in the background ... It doesn't support any of the sync profiles or anything -- is that what you're asking about?

yeah, i was hoping that there was more to it, like being able to mirror a directory structure, with additions and deletions made on the pc reflected on the empeg. got the hashes now. pretty easy to go:
if empeg->track->hash doesnt appear on the pc anymore, then delete on empeg.
if pc->track->hash doesnt appear on empeg, then transfer to corresponding playlist.