Photographs and memories... (How many people recognized the reference there?)

Wow!!! Very nice!!! Excellent work!!!

I am just wondering if there is any easier way of dealing with the RAS pins for other installation. They seem incredibly fragile with only two chips stacked, let alone three... Note: I am not good at this kind of thing, so I leave it to the experts to see if there are any alternatives...

But - just a thought: all of the other pins need to be straighted to make contact with the chip below it. What if the RAS pin is left bent (as original from the package) or rebent so that the bottom portion of that pin is flush against the bottom of the chip? Would it be possible to use a small piece of cardboard with a conductor on it, or a very thin wire (I am thinking circuit board trace material here), place it under the chip and solder and secure the RAS line to it from below before placing it on the stack? Run that thin wire between the stacked chips rather than above. It might be more stable and, because the RAS pin doesn't need to be bent back, might be easier for RAS soldering with less risk of the pin breaking off. I do not know how much of a gap you can have between chips - this might be too much.

A thought. I am just trying to see if there is a way to make it easier - losing a RAS pin seems both a common problem and annoying to fix.

Edited by pgrzelak (06/06/2004 07:59)