Cool write-up, thanks!

I sort of figured that it's a "if you really have to ask then perhaps you shouldn't be doing it" kind of mod. But from what I've learned from this thread, all you theoretically need is a steady hand, good equipment and good instructions.
I work at a university, so we have the equipment. I'm a biologist and have dissected fruitfly brains out of their head capsules under a dissecting 'scope (yes, the tiny flies that start buzzing around your house if you let fruit sit on your table for too long), so I got the steady hand. But I'm by no means an electronics freak, so I couldn't figure any of this out on my own. I've built PCA's tuner kit, but I don't know if it's working, because I haven't had time to test it, yet.
But maybe I could get the RAM upgrade done if the instructions were detailed enough?
I dunno, you tell me

So I see the RAS is on pin 14 of the memory chip you linked to. And on the StrongArm it's pin 18, according to this datasheet.
From the pics in this thread it all seems to be a matter of proper soldering? Also, I take it that the #1 pins need to be matched?
How much are the memory chips and are they easily obtainable in any reasonable electronic store? On the micron page, e.g., I find three products linking to the datasheet you provided. Which of these is it? Also, I couldn't find any prices on micron.com.

Again, thanks a lot for your write-up!