I am just wondering if there is any easier way of dealing with the RAS pins for other installation.

You are correct in recognising that the RAS pins are the problem. RAS pin management is the key to this - getting the other 49 pins soldered is relatively easy.

Part of the problem is that all the other pins need to be aligned for good contact so you cannot straighten the pins individually - they have to be done together.

Having had to desolder one of the stacks gave me an insight that I think will be useful - it isn't difficult to desolder a pin because of the relatively limited contact area. I am considering next time building up the stack _including_ the RAS pin, metering all the pins to eliminate as many bridges or open connections as possible and only then to heat the RAS pins and bend them out. ie, keep the RAS pins safely tucked away for as long as possible.

This wouldn't help if you had bridge/open near to the RAS pin taht you didn't discover until a boot test as you'd still have to retouch that pin, but I think it is a workable proposition.