Quote:
I just don't want the casual reader to think that these people who are complaining were being insensitive. They had been left in the dark for a long time and had no indication that Steve's health was an issue.

That's fair. I have a bias. I drive around enjoying 2 shipments of Steve's work, so I don't feel personally burnt, but there were times when Steve's communications to the board were....difficult.

I have seen cases on other boards where people were clearly thieves and scam artists from day one and people on those boards relished updates as the police closed in. Steve, whatever his sometimes-grumpy relations, delivered too much good stuff to people like me to fall into that category.

What happened? I can't begin to guess. Not being out any money, I don't have a particular stake in any opinion other than taking his word for what seemed a bad situation. I lean toward tanstaafl's interpretation. If I were out $100, might I want to start a committee to involve the police and find out what the deal really is? Maybe. Would I want to spend all of that emotional and mental energy only to find that Steve is gone missing, in jail, in hospital, or......?

Steve, if you are out there and want to dispute my characterization of your relations as "grumpy", well, jump in.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.