Quote:
I didn't really want to get involved but I got "done" as well. I previously had 3 successful transactions with Steve. Very helpful all 3 times.

My final payment for $45.50 in Jan 2003, resulted in nothing even when I was trying to contact him shortly after the payment.

(For somebody who supposedly disses BBS polls, I have sure started a lot of them lately! I guess I view them as an interesting vehicle for further discussion.)

If any response/post typifies the situation vis-a-vis Darkstorm, I guess your post does. If I had decided to order a few more lenses (which I did consider) I might unhappily be able to post the same experience as you.

As of today, 74 percent of self-selected respondants who say they sent money report that they got everything they ordered. I am also going to guess that the self-selection bias in this poll is possibly biased toward the negative result -- more folks tune in to this thread who are interested in what happened to their money than folks who got what they ordered (even though it has been shown that some of the former are underrepresented in this poll -- no BBS account). This supports my sense that this falls into a different category than fraud/bunco.

Possible biases aside, it looks like at least 13 people sent money (considerable sums) and did not get what they deserved. What to do about that? Well.....

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.