This post was written hours ago, but unfortunately I forgot to hit submit before I went out for the evening. I recognise that the thread has moved on in that time, but wanted to post it anyway...

Quote:
You absolutely have got to be kidding. We're in some world were we can't call someone who took dozens of people's money, never delivered and never appologized a theif?[sic]

No, I'm quite serious. That is the World that you live in. That is the Country that you live in.

If you want to think that he's a thief, fine. If you want to express your opinion that you think that he's a thief, fine. Neither of those could ever land Tom in any trouble. Go ahead, say it if it makes you feel better. Type, "I think that he is a thief." into a reply. You'll hear no stick from me if you do. Just please make it clear that it is your personal opinion, and not a fact.

Quote:
I wish people here showed 1/2 of the sympathy towards the people that lost their money as they do towards DS.

Where is all this sympathy? I certainly don't share his viewpoints or opinions. I thought that he was brash and rude in many of his postings. Sure, when he posted that he had lung cancer I felt sorry for the guy, but if you're suggesting that there is a recent slew of "Poor Darkstorm" posts, I haven't seen any.

Quote:
We aren't running a major newspaper here. This isn't slander or libel or anything like that.

This may not be a major newpaper, but the statement "Mr X. is a thief", would be libelous, unless you could prove that Mr X. was indeed a thief. Thinking about it a bit more, people freely sent money of their own volition. It was not taken from them. IANAL, but I don't think that counts as robbey, so that disqualifies him as a thief. What he is alleged to have done would qualify as fraud though. So he's possibly a fraudster.

Quote:
This is people who have been robbed. I think we need to look at priorities here.

It certainly appears that a significant number of people have been defrauded. And I'm not about to pass any judgement on anyone who persues that through whatever legal avenues they deem appropriate.

As I am not owed anything by Darkstorm, I have no priorities in this matter. It would be really nice if we could all avoid implicating Tom or this BBS in any libel actions though.