Yeah, I just saw the pricing details too. I expected as much. I suppose it's too much to ask for the old technology to be discounted, while the new tech gets entered at the same price. That will be a concern for me, though.

Quote:
I suppose I could always wait for an Android phone, but heaven only knows how long that will take to become real.

I have no link, but I heard a completely unsubstantiated rumor that HTC is trying to get an Android phone out sometime in July. At the very least, I've heard that many manufacturers are trying to get them out by the end of 08. I am in exactly the same boat as you, though. My whole online life is in Google, so it would make a lot of sense for me. I'm hoping we get some phones soon, though, or I won't be able to resist the call of the iPhone smile

Quote:
Apple seems to be saying "you can have this if you've got an Exchange shop, or if you buy into MobileMe."

I don't really understand this. I suppose I just don't understand exactly what my phone is doing, but my Sony Ericsson W580i gives me push email through GMail. At least, that's what it calls it. I do know that I get emails on it instantly, and most of the time before my desktop's GMail notifier has time to refresh and notify me.