Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: tfabris
I wonder if there's a specific reason for that?

Don't you have to pay for .Mac (and now Mobile Me)?

Both Exchange and MobileMe are about syncing schedules and contact information. The first to a group server and the second to a personal offsite "cloud." Neither of which I could care less about.

I have it on good authority that wireless music sync is definitely not in the cards. A shame that with such a "connected" wireless device, you have to attach a 1990's USB cable to it to get any of your own information/content onto it.

I can't fathom the thought process at the Apple design meetings about this. You can wirelessly purchase music, but you can't wirelessly transfer music to the iPhone that you've previously purchased with iTunes on your computer. What a backwards little device in so many respects.

This is what I was talking about. I can rip the thing to shreds by finding all its shortcomings, but that doesn't change my opinion about it doing exceptionally well in the marketplace.

I think it's still missing some features before I jump on it. I'll also need to see it jailbroken and unlocked. There's no way I'm signing a 3 year contract with anyone, let alone one of the worst companies in Canada (worst in treatment of the consumer and contract violations).