Originally Posted By: Dignan

I hate to call you out, but I'd like to hear some of those examples.

I'd love to post some right now, but I have to think about it for a bit. I had a few in mind last week after watching the two new episodes, but didn't write them down - I'm not that anal. wink

I'm not speculating when I say that the Lost creators don't (or at least didn't) have a solid plan for their series. I'm going by what they and cast have said in interviews/press. One very early example was not killing off the Jack character. Another is the Hurley character. Both characters were changed and heavily influenced because of, and by, the actors cast for those parts.

It's good to have some flexibility in the design and plan for a show and for the most part Lost has made it work. Two seasons ago it was getting a bit tired and I absolutely hated the flash-forward finale. They made it work last year.

Anyway, if I can remember the items I had in mind last week or anything else I'll list them for you.

I agree with you about your Heroes points for the most part, but I still think last year's partial-season was total crap. That whole central american road-trip was terrible. They had way too much Mohinder (who used to be a decent character in Season 1). The whole Peter in Ireland thing was ill-conceived and completely superfluous. They killed off the Nicky character only to bring back the actress in the role of a long-list sister. That's my biggest complaint carried from last season to this. It does seem they severed the majority of last season because the continuity with this new one is negligible.

The bottom line is that I find the current season of Heroes much more watchable than last.

Bitt, I do think you give the people behind Heroes too much credit though. There has been some very bad writing on that show and a complete ignorance of character bios and traits by some writers. If any of this was purposeful then I'd have to say it makes it an even bigger blunder.

About the worst season of a formerly decent show I've ever seen however was the previous season of 24 (the 2006-2007 season). Powers Booth should never be on TV again.