So, here in Canada it's common practice for a Canadian station to air select programming of multiple US stations. If that weren't the case we'd have much less programming because we don't have access to all the US networks. smile

You can likely see similar situations in the US where you have a local non-affiliate who might carry programing from other sources, such as smaller networks or syndicated programming.

Because said stations are non-affiliates, that means they don't air the entire programming block of any one network. They need to pick and choose which programming to license and then fit it into their own schedule as best as possible. Normally the stations here try to air in the same time slot as the US network/station. The added benefit for them is that they get to override the signal on the US station and therefore show their own ads.

Programming selection and schedules can interfere with this however and sometimes you'll get a particular program on before or after it airs on the originating network/station. Usually shifted up or down an hour or two, but sometimes on a different day.

Reaper, a CW show, is only available in my market through a local - we have no CW station as part of our cable package. That same local also airs ABC's Dancing with the Stars. This week ABC decided to run back-to-back episodes, the first being a recap. What does my local station do? They decided simply to not air Reaper and instead show both Dancing episodes. They just skipped it. Next week they'll show the new episode, but it's as if this weeks episode just didn't exist. Poof.

Yeah, the Internet is has already proved valuable over the years and it's also the reason I'll be able to avoid having so many tuners in my new PVR setup later this year. I think I'll be able to have a single Satellite feed coupled with two ATSC tuners, leaving the rest to the net.