Originally Posted By: hybrid8
20th episode? I didn't think any series was going 20 episodes this season 9other than "24"). The networks seem to be settling just above what the specialty cable channels have been producing. 12-16 episodes. Which is unfortunate when you're following a quality show. But it leaves them more room for a wider variety of (crap) programming.

I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I've seen there haven't been any shortened seasons this year aside from Lost, but that was planned since before the strike***. All the other shows seem to have their usual 20+ episode season. Right now Heroes appears to be scheduled for 19 episodes through March 9th, and usually the networks end their seasons in late June/early May.

Quote:
I'm glad that Lost seems to be off to a really good start this season. I've quite enjoyed the first three episodes so far. Could be as good or better than last season.

I'll agree there, Lost appears to be running full-steam towards the finish line, and they're doing it from 30 episodes out, so that's impressive smile

*edit*

*** - and if you look at it, the original plan was to have these last three seasons be 16 episodes each, which would have made two regular 24-episode seasons if ABC weren't so desperate to hold onto their one good show.

Edited by Dignan (30/01/2009 01:24)