This is hilarious, because I haven't minded some of the things they've tried to do. I don't think they're doing them well, but I haven't minded some of it. I've kept watching because of Bryan Fuller. I know I said I'd stopped, but I want to give him a chance to turn it around. I gather he hasn't had much to do with the current direction, though.

But there are certainly still huge issues with the show. For example: how exactly did Matt get his new power? Just because he was destined to? It can't be just because he was put in a trance by that guy. So now people can generate powers just because its destiny?

*edit*
I just wanted to expand on what I've liked recently. Bitt mentioned one of the bigger themes of the X-Men, the idea of society feeling threatened by a group of people and that being a metaphor for many of the problems in our society. My argument was that while that's a great theme to explore, Heroes wasn't doing that because society didn't even know about these people. Now they're almost there, even if it's just some people in the government.

And I guess I also like that finally we're going to see some of these people team up. Thank goodness! No more of this "lets go our own ways even though it makes absolutely no sense to do so." The characters are acting more and more like normal people would react.

Edited by Dignan (10/02/2009 02:44)
Edit Reason: clarification