When I started drinking (in my mid-teens) Cider was the only way to go. But after being sick so many times through consuming too much of it, my brain started associating the smell of Cider with being sick, so I can't really enjoy it any more without gagging. My late teens and early twenties were predominantly lager (Stella, Fosters, Becks, Kronenbourg etc.), price per pint being the chief determining factor. Although after getting my driving licence at 17, I stopped drinking regularly.

Once I hit 30 (or thereabouts) my interest in beer resurfaced, and my taste seems to have switched to bitter/ale/stout. Currently my favorite pint is without a doubt, draught Guinness. To me, Guinness used to taste foul unless you were in the ROI, but since it all comes from Dublin now it's far more palatable to me. If I'm at the pub and it's not available, I'll try whatever they on tap. I had a nice pint of UBU in Stratford-upon-Avon this last weekend.

I also enjoy wheat beers like Hoegaarden and Erdinger. Leffe Blonde and Brune are quite nice as well. At home I usually have a few bottles of Old Speckled Hen, since Guinness in a can is pretty nasty. The one thing I still haven't developed a taste for though is whisky, it's still like swallowing battery acid to me.

Andy M