Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: hybrid8
You were probably smelling a Stella or Bud. Or Labatt's Blue. I think they're at least 50% piss by volume.

I was of the same opinion until I discovered beers I really liked.

Each time I've tried it, it's been a different kind of beer, and each time it's tasted exactly the same to me and equally TERRIBLE.

I doubt this is a question of brands.

Originally Posted By: tman
To be honest, I'm not that keen on beer, ale or lager. I've just learnt to tolerate it but its generally too gassy for me to drink comfortably and I don't really like the bitter taste.

You guys are not alone. I've got a very sweet tooth and really hate anything to eat/drink which tastes bitter. So this includes (almost) all beers. And this coming from somebody from Belgium! smile I really prefer wine, but on the other hand I don't drink that much at all. Eg. I've never, EVER opened up a bottle of wine only for me to drink or in the company of only my wife. (with the exception if wine was needed to prepare some food dish) Even if I drink, I'm a real social drinker, so I only drink when I've got company, and even that is not guaranteed. Very often, I'm the only one of the bunch with a soda in front of me. Which usually makes me the designated driver too, but I don't mind that.

Same as you Matt, I've tried this every so many years again to see if my taste pattern had changed as I grew older. Seems it didn't (or hasn't so far). I'm 35 now and don't think this will ever change in the future. But I don't really think I'm missing out. In fact, it makes my life simpler: less options (HUNDREDS of beers!), less risk (when driving: was that last beer the one that put me over the legal limit?), less cost (although we can't really complain about the price here -unless you start drinking those trappist beers-, beer is more expensive than soda smile )

Last time I was in Britain, I've tried cider. Now that I liked! But that was probably my sweet tooth talking (or tasting) again.