If you don't like Coffee, you're not going to necessarily find one particular one you do like. Whatever exactly you dislike is going to be front and center completely nuking whatever subtleties make them different.

My wife also dislikes coffee. But she'll eat tiramisu. She doesn't even especially like the smell of coffee, so you've already got one up on her there.

Anyway, I'm just not trying to suggest that you haven't tasted the right anything, so I don't want you to think that. I wouldn't tell someone who doesn't eat meat that they just haven't tasted the right one. They all taste different, but it's still possible to dislike them all for whatever reason, including whatever they do have in common.

I'd rather lick a dog's asshole than eat black licorice, that's how bad I hate the stuff. Of course if it tastes like black licorice I suppose I'm doubly screwed.

I do get some of the type of recommendations you've mentioned though. I hate, even more so that black licorice, raw tomatoes. So every now and then someone's like, "but you have to try these cherry tomatoes, they're so much better." No thanks, been there, done that. Tomato (raw) gives me an almost instant gag reflex. I love tomato sauce though.