My point was it seems *most* people have done it, even if just a tiny bit, and I thought the original post was a bit ironic

Most people on this BBS are not SELLING songs they have ripped. Please go back to my original post on the subject of the eBay auction in question. There's a difference between downloading a few tracks for preview purposes and getting into the practice of selling other people's stolen work.

Hey, I've even downloaded songs for albums I own. Where do you put that one. The rips didn't actually come from my own CD. Those have long since been replaced, but I used them long ago for testing.

I know you were trying to play devil's advocate about "casting the first stone" but that's not the point. I don't think the legal system in any country would work very well if everyone involved in it had to be completely "innocent" with the exception of the crooks. Hey, I reported that guy to eBay's abuse department. When I tell people I have an MP3 in my car I don't want them to associate that with stealing music. If I'm trying to sell something on eBay, I don't want some joker who's abusing the rules and the laws to sneak in and lessen the chance of my own sales. Yeah, that last one is selfish. But this time I actually don't have anything to sell, I just thought it was vagrant abuse.

Bruno