How many songs can you think of that were playing repeatedly on the radio over a year ago, and that are still playing repeatedly?

if you have broadband, have a shot at triplej. They seem to have a good diversity

I used to listen to local commercial channels but it just got too ... well... commercial. One station plays nothing but teeny pop and the other has a regular rotation of Cold Chisel, Pink Floyd, Midnight Oil, and a few other rock bands. ugh, gets sooo tiring.

We just had the annual vote for tha past year's 'hottest 100' in Australia. Quite a good mix of rock & dance stuff. 8 hours of counting down on Saturday. Part of the voting I hope will have downloadable snippets of mp3s to remind you of what the song is. I hate not being able to recognise the song by its title.

I've often heard a song on the radio, done a search but come up with nothing and gone and bought the CD. Or, after finding a track on the net, enjoyed it and bought the CD as well.

As for no good music available, that depends on what you're exposed to. If, as you say, the local stations only play preteen pop, you're hard pushed to find out what's out there.