I would suggest that if you're not comfortable with doing that sort of thing, then you shouldn't do it. This is for the hardcore only.

Right. And I said I wouldn't be doing it. I'm only hardcore when it comes to software.

If Brian is smart, he will avoid offering this service. If he damages your player while doing the work, he could be held liable for it. And I'm sure he wouldn't want that.

Allow me to refresh your memory on why I asked my question...

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_tech&Number=58984

Note the words "LED hack service" in Brian's original post. I am just asking if this is still in play. If it's not, then he's more than welcome to say it's not. The last thing I was hoping for was to have you jump in and try to curb his enthusiasm. I would obviously be willing to pay a premium for this kind of thing, and he had shown that he was at least considering the idea.

Also, there is not a chance that I would hold him liable for any damages, I'd be willing to sign any number of disclaimers to that effect. Anyone who has the balls and wherewithall to do something like this to his empeg can be trusted with mine. If it breaks, then it breaks, and I'd deal with it.

If I had just fallen off a turnip truck last week I'd be a little less confrontational here, but it's not like my question was out of left field. You're a great moderator, Tony, and an invaluable asset to the empeg community, but sometimes you should just let two people hold a conversation without injecting needless, and dare I say underinformed advice and criticism.