a full screen time display would be simple to add. All it needs is another 'page' handler added.

A small footnote and a query of sorts. After some discussion with my co-driver about navigational mathematics, it's pretty clear that what we want is not an HH:MM:SS clock but actually an HH:MM.MM clock. Not sure if this is the correct expression, but I'm using it to signify a 6-digit clock that displays minutes to two decimal places.

Looking at the NMEA $PTNL,GGK sentence, it has decimal seconds (to two places), but the notion of somehow calculating decimal minutes off the ss.ss output as it come off the GPS seems like a ridiculous idea.

Absolute precision isn't essential, so even calculating a rough decimal minute (and HH:MM:SS of 12:31:14 becomes an HH.MM.MM of 12:31.23) in the display code would probably work.

I guess my question is whether there is any ability of the system clock to provide a more precise value that would help feed the display and smooth it out so that the decimal counter actually follows the more precise time in decimal minutes?? From what I see, basic Unix/Linux clock is simply HH:MM:SS. If there is any underlying facilty with more precise time, I don't see it. Any inspirations?

Thanks,

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.