I feel sorry for the person who has to stand silent listening to others say the words around them, but I also feel that I still have the right to say the words if I choose to.
First, I haven't actually read this ruling, but if it is just upholding that other law, then I know what's being talked about. So just tell me to shut up if I'm making an incorrect assumption.

There is no law that prevents you from reciting the Pledge of Allegiance (or for that matter, from praying out loud) in a public place, including a school. The law specifies that the government cannot compel you to pray, or encourage prayer (I believe that as long as it's framed in the context of ``a moment of silence'', it's okay, because then each person is free to do as he wishes privately). Since the PoA contains the phrase ``under God'', that can be construed as a prayer, or at least to be religious, and that's the problem. If the schools were to remove that phrase, I can't imagine that there would be a problem.

And even if you want to argue that it's ``god'' and not ``God'', then that alienates atheists, and possibly other people whose religions to not include a god (not that there seem to be many Confucians in the US ).