What this ruling does is it takes away the child's right to say it.

Nope, it doesn't. The child is free to say it, but it's the school that, not only by law, but also by one of the basic principles of American democracy, is prohibited from LEADING the children to say it. Each child can continue to say it as they have been, it just won't be led with the words under God (which were added only because the Knights of Columbus campaigned for the words to be added in the 1950's.)

Nobody is forced to say ANYTHING during the pledge, nor are anyone's lips watched to make sure they're speaking every word. Kids can continue to (under the direction of their parents) say under God, say "under Allah", say nothing at all, or even say "[censored] America." But the simple fact is that one of the basic principles of this country is the separation of church and state, which allows people of all faiths to be EQUALLY FREE to practice whatever religion they wish, or to NOT PRACTICE those religions. The phrase "under God" obviously alienates people with certain beliefs, beliefs which I myself don't share, but need to respect just as I expect them to respect mine.

It's very simple. The act that was passed in 1954 was unconstitutional. The law is on this guy's side, and he is going to win. Get over it, continue to say the pledge as you always have, and get onto more important issues.