> I do feel, though, that self-censorship is perhaps the worst form of censorship - not saying something because it is unpopular. It works both ways: I feel sorry for the person who has to stand silent listening to others say the words around them, but I also feel that I still have the right to say the words if I choose to. Thus my PC comment.

I don't think it is PC at all. PC means to me the censoring of people by other people because they don't like what they say. To me, it generally does not involve the government. For instance, the push to get all sports teams to stop using Indian names (the Braves, the Redskins, etc...) because it might be offensive to some people is the epitome of silly political correctness gone wild to me. But this doesn't involve the government. Some guy saying you should or shouldn't say this is one thing, but the government saying it is another, and that is why this is a correct ruling. Frankly, there are enough people out there telling us silly things like "God is what this country was built on" and that the lack of religion in this country is causing our problems that we certainly don't need the government telling us too.

Bitt: Saying 'god' also leaves out Bhuddists, and since it is singular, Hindus as well.

Regarding President Dumya: This is the guy who said:
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."