Hmm. I was on board with you before, but I actually have no problem with tax money being used towards religious schools as long as it's the same amount of money that was allocated for your public schooling (I believe that's the case.) Parents already have a right to send their kids to religious schools, and these schools typically cost more than their public counterparts. To me, this is in effect the parent paying for the "religious portion" of their education, thus I don't have a problem with it.

If they wanted to get real technical with the separation (as the 9th circuit court did in the other ruling) I would be happy with an arrangement where the religious education in these private schools were accounted for and funded separately, with no tax funds going towards those specific accounts (with the rest of the education being partially paid for by these vouchers.) That way, no money would be going to paying for religion. I realize there are all sorts of technicalities there and things that could be exploited, but since these schools already cost more than public schools, it doesn't seem to me that religious education is really being "paid for" by tax dollars.

Or am I missing something?