I don't even know if I really want to respond here, but I guess I just have to say something. What is "unconstitutional" is the government imposing a particular religion on the citizens of the United States. Thats it. The constitution wasn't written with how people "felt" about religious differences in mind, it was written pecause people were getting persecuted for having different beliefs. In this country if someone expresses personal religious beliefs in certain places (ie: teachers in schools) they stand to lose their jobs as a first amendment violation. This seems contrary to the spirit with which the first amenmend was written.

I know this won't be a popular view on this board, but I honesly have "felt" like athesiem is the only valid choice left to anyone because of all the "god" stuff we aren't supposed to do. In the end, its nearly impossible to get yourself away from dealing with spiritual (or non-spiritual) things in life and it shouldn't be the governments job to protect us from that. If a child is uneasy about some Chrisitan, Muslim, Athiest, ect. thing that he has heard or experienced, it has to be up to the parents to deal with it appropriately. Now if the police start knocking on peoples door or rights to vote are determined by religious belifes, we have a first amendment violation.

Religious people and Athiests alike are taught things in school that they disagree with because of their belifes, you can't get away from this. If you take out all of school that somehow is related to spiritual disagreements there would be nothing left to learn. It is sad to me the the words "under god" have become such a battlefield when there are so many important things going on in this country. I belive in religious tolerance, but that doesn't mean I don't have to deal with the fact that some people, even most people, disagree with me; it means I have to accept them as American citizens despite their different religious views.