Ugg, Focus on the Family is already making their voice heard about this. From the local paper here in Colorado Springs:

The ruling by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco does not affect Colorado, which is outside its jurisdiction, but the message it sends worried such people as Tom Minnery, vice president of public policy for Focus on the Family. He called the decision "as shocking in its own way as the attack on the World Trade Center."

"If the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional, then certainly the Declaration of Independence is unconstitutional because that mentions God three times and the pledge only mentions God once," Minnery said.

Hmm, well the Declaration of Independance is a written document that was created more then 200 years ago. The pledge is a spoken event that occurs in most schools to turn us all into good little patriots, started during the Wolrd War II mess. The "under God" part was added to fight communism. To me, the pledge is a fine idea, but it should represent a true pledge to the country, and not a religion. It should not be forced on anyone and instead just be an optional thing as it sits in my school district. Here in District 11, it's not even really said outside of elementry school. And I did remember a few people who opted out of participating, mainly due to the ovidious religious content. Now the big mess is the outcome of this. The person who brought it up is stating he is getting death threats, and Bush is saying he will put judges on the bench that will overrule this. Anyone else see a problem with the second part of that? I thought justice was supposed to be a process of fact finding and rulling. But when the highest single person in command admits to fixing the system, something definitly needs to be done to correct the broken system.

Do I think we should spend tons of effort on things like this? No. But right now I can't become president of this country without declairing God on my side.

School vouchers seems to be another sticky issue right now. Some people here are saying that this issue does violate church/state issues. Why? The vouchers allow students to be educated the way their parents want, even if they don't have the money to do so. Here is a perfect example where the state is giving choice, including religious choices for education. Don't want your student to be taught the work of the devil, aka evolution? Well do something about it.

Ugg. Anyone own a large island? Lets go set up our own empeg loving nation :-)