Let me restate what I was trying to say earlier....there's lots of propaganda over here, probably just as much as in the mideast. The difference is we have the freedom to say what we want and share information as we please, so we get to see all sides of the story. People in Iraq only get to hear Saddam's side of the story, and the Afghani's only view of the outside world was Al Jazeera TV. And if they speak against what they say then they can end up dead.

I think the people in the mideast are being oppressed, but not by us, by their own governments. The US would want nothing more than the mideast to be a free democracy, because then people would start to think for themselves, put down their AK's and their bombs, do something for themselves, boost the economy, and hopefully become a stable, peaceful country. They think they're being oppressed by US foreign policy, but in reality the people who are oppressing them are feeding them propaganda (and stamping out any opposing voice) so that they don't realize it. So where some terrorists would fight to combat genuine oppression, I think that the arab terrorists are fighting a non-existant cause and are blinded from seeing their true oppressors for what they are.

Unless of course everything I've been told about the rest of the world has been a complete lie (i've never been to the mideast), but in that case my parents could be robots for all I know and my surroundings just illusions.