Why hasn't Bush spoke about this sniper much?

I rarely miss an opportunity to deride our light-headed chief executive, and it seems like Shrub *is* always on the lookout for an opportunity to take a "pass" on issues (say, the Middle East, for example) when it would be easier to go to the ranch in Crawford.

That being said, this situation was probably a no-win from an executive branch perspective -- they could be criticized for not intervening enough or for intervening too much. The Feds track record of being perceived as riding roughshod over local law enforcers is long and negative. They probably wanted to avoid that given the many other bruises they've suffered lately.

Sounds like some opportunities were missed and mistakes made WRT to the sniper/s, but the continuity of having Moose as the clear spokesman was a good thing IMO.

Anyhow, it looks as if my prediction that the killer would not be caught was, thankfully, wrong. I wish I could feel better that it hasn't given other wackos some ideas or that the capture was the result of stellar police work; if the killers hadn't essentially begged to be caught and (more or less) turned themselves in, I fear they could still be out there.

Sick.

Edited by jimhogan (24/10/2002 17:48)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.