The major problem with not reelecting Bush is the Democrats actually finding someone distinguishable to run. The ancillary problem is that we haven't had a liberal in the White House since 1979, and I think that spells bad news for Mr. Dean, who I like, but who won't get nominated. I potentially like Kucinich even more, but, unfortunately, I don't believe that anyone with a name like ``Kucinich'' has a rat's chance of getting elected to the Presidency. A man with a name like ``Dean'' is much more likely. (God, the American populace sucks. Then again, I didn't figure out how to pronounce the man's name until I stopped overlooking that first `i'.)

So, for the record, here's the official (?) list of Democratic nominees with my commentary (A tertiary point is that you can't find an official list on the DNC website. The RNC is nice enough to, though.):

Dick Gephardt: Run for President more times than John Anderson, Dave Barry, and Pat Paulsen combined. As the RNC so succintly puts it: ``Expired''
John Edwards: The closest thing to Bill Clinton: a younger man from the South with populist, moderate-to-conservative bent. That whole talking-to-the-dead thing doesn't help, though
Al Sharpton: Come on. Can you say ``Out of his depth'' and ``One-trick pony''? Does he even have a platform?
Carol Moseley Braun: An intelligent black woman. She'll never win. Also, a candidate from the ambassadorial service? We could use it, but weird
Joe Lieberman: A Jewish Republican. Who does he represent again?
Bob Graham: I have less of a good handle on him than the rest, and that says something. Something about him just creeps me out, though
Howard Dean: One of the few liberals on the ticket
Dennis Kucinich: Another one, but he seems to have more of an independent mind
John Kerry: Massachusetts democrats have traditionally not done well in nationwide elections since '60. Reasonably solid liberal, though

See? None of them really stand out, and the DNC is doing basically nothing to promote any of them. The primary is still more than six months away, but it's almost hard to find information. At least the DNC website features popup ads.