I don't think that's possible to reconcile.
A definition of terms may be in order, here: If a cop sees a black man doing something illegal and reports him, it makes sense that they'd look for a man matching the description, including the fact that the suspect was black. However, it is my understanding that in some places this is considered racial profiling. This is not protecting anyone's race, it is reducing the police's ability to use available information to aprehend a suspect. I have heard policemen talk about these kinds of restrictions, though.

Now if a crime is committed by a black man, and every black man is rounded up and put in jail for interrogation, this is wrong and clearly violation their civil rights.

Perhaps that explination will convince you that I'm not a racist, I was trying to decide whether or not to include a description in my initial post. Suppose I should have. Maybe what I should have said is, "I think restraints against racial profiling have gone too far in some places."