Hmmmm, I may end up being in a far worse position than you come election time. I supported going into Iraq from day one, and I never thought WMDs were the real issue. I thought Saddam was evil and his regime needed to be stopped. Because of this, I’m glad we went into Iraq. My uncle is a USMC officer and he sends emails back regularly to family back home, and he has been very supportive of the effort and feels that he and his company were doing the right, upstanding thing.

I’ve also been a strong Bush supporter, and being very conservative I’ve agreed with a lot of his stances on various issues. Though I’ve been frustrated at times with some of his political maneuvering, I’ve come to grips with the fact that any politician is going to have to embrace political strategy, even if it frustrates me a lot of the time.

However, I am beginning to feel lied to, and that is not a good thing. I still don’t think Bush went into Iraq to fulfill some “manifest destiny” concept, but it’s sure hard to have faith in what he says if he talked about having “hardcore evidence” and it turns out it was all very speculative. Again, I supported the war effort, and I think it was the right thing to do. But if Bush and his people had to manipulate or overlook information to get us to buy into his plan, that makes his administration untrustworthy. I suppose I’m mostly just naïve about politics, but I believe in honesty and integrity, and I fear to say that these traits seem to be lacking. Perhaps I’m getting a wrong sense from all the information that I’ve seen (which is very little), but at what point do I ask if perhaps we were lied to?

That is my dilemma. I don’t want a liberal in office (sorry guys, I just don’t agree with your views), but I don’t really feel good about voting for a dishonest republican either, especially one I’ve stood up for time and time again and now am feeling betrayed by.