I supported going into Iraq from day one, and I never thought WMDs were the real issue. I thought Saddam was evil and his regime needed to be stopped. Because of this, I’m glad we went into Iraq.
I can't make that disconnect between stated reason and outcome. I'm glad Saddam is gone, too, but the replacement is likely to be bad, and forcing our way of life on others is unethical and likely to backfire, given past experience. Hell, we helped put him in power in the first place.

My real problem was the way the administration went about it -- that they lied to us and the rest of the world -- when they could have said ``Saddam is bad'' and gotten everyone to help, or at least go along with it. I'll bet that pointing out the repression of the Shiites and making that a cause might have gotten a large portion of the Middle East to get on board, or at least improve their option of the US, which is something the US could deperately use. But maybe that wouldn't have suited their ulterior motive, whatever it may have been.

But this is off topic. It's a foregone conclusion that W will be the nominee for the Republicans next year. As a conservative who (apparently?) would like to get rid of Bush, not for his politics, but for his ... ethics? demeanor? (I can't come up with a good word) ... would you be willing to vote for a Democrat? Say a Republican wannabe like Lieberman or Edwards?